Biomedical Catalyst 2018 Round 1: Feasibility Award
Funder and programme:
Innovate UK and Medical Research Council (MRC) – Biomedical Catalyst
Project total costs:
Up to £ 200,000
06/06/2018 (12:00 noon)
The aim of the Biomedical Catalyst is to support the development of innovative healthcare products, technologies and processes. These can include (but are not limited to):
- disease prevention and proactive management of health and chronic conditions;
- earlier and better detection and diagnosis of disease, leading to better patient outcomes;
- tailored treatments that either change the underlying disease or offer potential cures.
This is a competition for a feasibility stage award in the Biomedical Catalyst.
The aim of the feasibility award is to explore and evaluate the commercial potential of innovative scientific ideas through:
- reviewing research evidence and identifying possible applications;
- assessing business opportunities;
- investigating intellectual property issues;
- validating initial concepts and existing pre-clinical work through experimental studies;
- identifying areas for further development.
The feasibility award is designed for projects that have developed an innovative concept or carried out experimental proof of concept, but have not validated the technology.
Support is available for any sector or discipline, including (but not limited to):
- stratified healthcare;
- advanced therapies (gene and cell therapies);
- medical technologies and devices.
Innovate UK and MRC have allocated up to £2 million to fund feasibility projects in this competition.
While you can include elements of industrial research, the majority of the work packages in your project must be under the research category of feasibility study.
You could get funding for your eligible project costs of:
- up to 70% if you are a small business;
- up to 60% if you are a medium-sized business.
Projects should last between 3 and 12 months. Successful applicants will be notified of their start date by Innovate UK.
MSC R&D can help your business develop by supporting you in:
• Identification of appropriate grants and competition calls for proposals
• Partner search for collaborative Research & Innovation
• Bid writing
• Project management
• Audit compliance
• Business Planning
• Market Intelligence reports
If you want help with any of these opportunities, please CONTACT us on 0114 230 8401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org