Commercialising Quantum Devices: Innovation R&D
Funder and programme:
Innovate UK – Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF)
Project total costs (range):
£ 3,000,000 – £ 10,000,000
13/06/2018 (12:00 noon)
The aim of this competition is to advance the commercialisation of quantum technologies in the UK.
Innovate UK will invest £20 million in innovation projects to develop prototype quantum technology devices that address one or more of these important industrial challenges:
- Situational awareness;
- Infrastructure productivity;
- Seeing the invisible;
- Trusted peer to peer communication.
The aim of this competition is to deliver working prototype ‘second generation’ quantum devices or systems that fulfill the technical and ergonomic requirements of end users. ‘Second generation’ means they use the generation or coherent control and manipulation of quantum states, resulting in superposition and entanglement. This allows them to do things that would be impossible with ‘non-quantum’ means. This definition also includes single photon generation or detection devices.
Your proposal must:
- demonstrate how the device can be brought to market, with manufacture or assembly in the UK;
- fulfill an end user need through the technological advances in quantum technology.
A business must lead the project. You must work in collaboration with others.
Projects should start by 1 November 2018 and last up to 29 months. Projects must be completed by the end of March 2021.
MSC R&D can help your business develop by supporting you in:
• Identification of appropriate grants and competition calls for proposals
• Partner search for collaborative Research & Innovation
• Bid writing
• Project management
• Audit compliance
• Business Planning
• Market Intelligence reports
If you want help with any of these opportunities, please CONTACT us on 0114 230 8401 or email email@example.com