January 2018 sector competition: Strand 2, Emerging and Enabling Technologies
Funder and programme:
Innovate UK – sector competition
Project total costs (range):
£ 35,000 – £ 2,000,000
Innovate UK will invest up to £19 million in innovation projects that inspire new products, processes and services. These should address challenges in emerging and enabling technologies.
The aim of this competition is to help UK businesses broaden their innovation activities, disrupt existing markets and find new revenue sources.
A further £12 million is available to fund Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs).
Projects must show significant innovation in one of Innovate UK’s 4 priority areas:
- Emerging technologies (biofilms, energy harvesting, graphene, new imaging technologies);
- Enabling capabilities, including electronics, sensors and photonics (ESP), robotics and autonomous systems (RAS), creative economy and design;
- Space applications.
This competition has 2 strands. This is the emerging and enabling strand. The other strand is health and life sciences.
If you are a business, you can carry out the project on your own or you can collaborate with others. A business or research and technology organisation (RTO) must lead the project.
Projects should last between 3 months and 3 years.
MSC R&D can help your business develop by supporting you in:
• Identification of appropriate grants and competition calls for proposals
• Partner search for collaborative Research & Innovation
• Bid writing
• Project management
• Audit compliance
• Business Planning
• Market Intelligence reports
If you want help with any of these opportunities, please CONTACT us on 0114 230 8401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org