Planning Rail Capacity Through Automated Infrastructure Design
Funder and programme:
Network Rail (with Innovate UK) – Whole Systems Modelling programme
£ 50,000 – £ 200,000
19/12/2018 (12:00 noon)
Network Rail will work with Innovate UK, as part of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), to invest up to £300,000. This will support the development and demonstration of new capability in automated design. This aligns with the objectives of Network Rail’s Whole Systems Modelling team, part of the Systems Operator, which:
- plans future strategic infrastructure investment;
- allocates capacity on the national rail network.
This competition encourages the development of products and services that enable rapid automatic design of rail infrastructure.
Your project must:
- build on existing generative design technologies;
- develop solutions relevant to rail;
- prove your idea’s feasibility at as high a level of maturity as possible.
Your total project costs must be between £50,000 and £200,000. Projects must start by 30 April 2019 and end by 31 March 2020. Projects can last between 6 months and one year.
MSC R&D can help your business develop by supporting you in:
• Identification of appropriate grants and competition calls for proposals
• Partner search for collaborative Research & Innovation
• Bid writing
• Project management
• Audit compliance
• Business Planning
• Market Intelligence reports
If you want help with any of these opportunities, please CONTACT us on 0114 230 8401 or email email@example.com