Smart Local Energy Systems: Demonstrators
Funder and programme:
Innovate UK – Prospering from the Energy Revolution (PFER) – Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF)
Project total costs (range):
£ 26,000,000 – £ 160,000,000
25/07/2018 (12:00 noon)
Innovate UK, as part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £40 million from the Prospering from the Energy Revolution (PFER) Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF). This competition aims to invest in up to 3 world-leading practical smart energy systems demonstrators. These will include new business models that intelligently link supply, storage and demand patterns across power, heating and transport. The result will be a dynamic energy system that can:
- dramatically reduce whole system energy costs and emissions;
- transform services to users;
- improve efficiency, productivity and resilience;
- reduce environmental impacts.
Projects must demonstrate new, smarter, local energy approaches at scale, which can:
- provide cleaner, cheaper, more desirable energy services for the end user;
- lead to more prosperous and resilient communities;
- prove new business models that are suitable for investment and can grow and replicate in the 2020s;
- provide evidence on the impacts and efficiency of novel energy system approaches by the early 2020s.
Projects will be expected to work closely with and share information with programme stakeholders.
Projects can last between 24 and 36 months starting by January 2019 and ending by March 2022, including evaluation.
MSC R&D can help your business develop by supporting you in:
• Identification of appropriate grants and competition calls for proposals
• Partner search for collaborative Research & Innovation
• Bid writing
• Project management
• Audit compliance
• Business Planning
• Market Intelligence reports
If you want help with any of these opportunities, please CONTACT us on 0114 230 8401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org