Tourism Augmented Reality Challenge
Funder and programme:
Tourism Northern Ireland (with Department for Communities, Digital Catapult NI and Matrix) – Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI)
Up to £ 35,000
Tourism Northern Ireland working with the Department for Communities, Digital Catapult Northern Ireland and Matrix (Northern Ireland Science Industry Panel) has up to £ 70,000 to invest in projects that test how augmented reality can improve the way tourists experience the country.
Augmented reality technologies add a digital layer to a real-life situation to entertain or to give additional information that improves a user’s experience.
This competition is seeking ways for the technology to be applied to tourist experiences in Northern Ireland. Tourism Northern Ireland wants visitors to explore more, do more and spend more.
Successful projects could include ones that:
- improve the visit for people whose first language is not English;
- introduce immersive storytelling;
- provide an improved experience for visitors to remote and unstaffed sites;
- identify and test operational and commercial models.
MSC R&D can help your business develop by supporting you in:
• Identification of appropriate grants and competition calls for proposals
• Partner search for collaborative Research & Innovation
• Bid writing
• Project management
• Audit compliance
• Business Planning
• Market Intelligence reports
If you want help with any of these opportunities, please CONTACT us on 0114 230 8401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org