UK Aerospace Research and Technology Programme: Collaborative Feasibility Studies Round 1
Funder and programme:
Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI) and Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) – UK Aerospace Research and Technology Programme
Project total costs (range):
£ 255,000 – £ 500,000
27/02/2019 (12:00 noon)
The Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS), through the Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI) and Innovate UK (part of UK Research & Innovation (UKRI)), will invest up to £8 million in research and technology projects. This is to deliver world leading aerospace technologies in the UK.
The aim of this funding is to support and speed up industry investment focused on supply chain companies. BEIS, ATI and Innovate UK are looking for high risk, high impact projects that demonstrate visionary, revolutionary and disruptive solutions to UK aerospace challenges.
Your proposal needs to fit with the UK Aerospace Technology Strategy or with one of ATI’s technical priority areas:
- concept designs for radical or unconventional medium and long range aircraft;
- concept designs for urban and regional air vehicles, vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) and short take-off and landing (STOL);
- requirements for a scalable hybrid electric power demonstrator facility;
- modelling of high-temperature superconducting electrical power machines;
- establishing the environmental impact of novel air vehicles;
- single crew or autonomous vehicle integration into controlled airspace.
All proposals must be business-led and collaborative.
The competition is split into 3 strands. In this strand, a total of up to £2 million for collaborative feasibility studies is expected to be funded.
(The other 2 strands are collaborative research and development full stage and fast track. These are only open to applicants who were successful at previous stages).
Another round of this competition will open in 2020.
MSC R&D can help your business develop by supporting you in:
• Identification of appropriate grants and competition calls for proposals
• Partner search for collaborative Research & Innovation
• Bid writing
• Project management
• Audit compliance
• Business Planning
• Market Intelligence reports
If you want help with any of these opportunities, please CONTACT us on 0114 230 8401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org